· By Mary Dale
Beautifying Açaí Bowl with Bee Pollen and Goji Berries
Packed with superfoods, antioxidants, omega 3s, vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, this açaí bowl will nourish your skin from within.
- Açaí Berry: Super rich in antioxidants, açaí berries boost skin health and aid weight loss
- Bee Pollen: Used as medicine since ancient times, bee pollen is rich in proteins, free amino acids, and vitamins, including B-complex and folic acid
- Goji Berry: Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, goji berry contains a wealth of nutrients, including 11 essential amino acids
- Hempseeds: Superfood seeds rich in omega 3 fatty acids, as well as sulfur and iron
- Cacao Seeds: A natural mood booster, cacao is chock full of the bliss chemicals - serotonin, tryptophan, tyrosine and phenylethylamine. Nothing is more beautiful than a good mood.
- 1 (3.5 oz) frozen açaí pack
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- raw honey or sweetener of choice, to taste (optional)
For the topping
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 1/2 tablespoon hemp seed
- 1/2 tablespoon goji berries
- 1/2 tablespoon Cacao seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted coconut
- Fruit of choice for garnish (I used starfruit and blueberries)
To assemble bowl, break the açaí pack into pieces by running warm water over the pack and loosening it up before opening the pack and adding to a blender. Add the banana, water, blueberries and honey to the blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until smooth.
Transfer the Açaí mixture to a bowl and top with coconut, hemp seed, cacao seeds, bee pollen, and goji berries. Add fruit of choice to garnish. Have fun with this part and check out gorgeous #açaíbowl inspiration on instagram to make your bowl as gorgeous as you are;).